Need to start a site and have a cheap domain name? NameCheap is the best option as far as affordable domain names go.
They start as low as $ 0.99 for a domain for your first year with lots of useful add-ons.
Most people know Namecheap as domain registration and management service, but they also offer web hosting services. Founded in 2000, Namecheap began by offering value-for-money domains and outstanding customer service. Today, he has over 3 million customers and manages over 11 million domains.
In addition to domains and complete web hosting packages, NameCheap sells SSL certificates, privacy protection services, and more. Because NameCheap thinks that an Internet presence is a necessity for everyone, they give you affordable access to everything you need to run a website.
Namespace’s hosting plan provides fast, reliable service with a 100% uptime guarantee. If you need to create a new site, you can easily do it using one of Namecheap’s many site-building apps. If you have an existing website, Namecheap will take it for you for free.
What are the main features of NameCheap?
NameCheap hosting comes with a number of distinct features. Below, we’ll take a look at some of the main features included with this host.
- 100% uptime service level agreement (SLA). (If it is not received then you will get credit)
- Namecheap uses the latest server technology from brands such as Dell, HP, and Supermicro.
- Each component has many redundancies, be it the power source, the high speed of the network card, or the server.
- Pages load very fast, a requirement for any business.
- cPanel is used. It is the most used control panel in the world and it makes life easier for users.
- Softcools installer enables you to use WordPress or other applications with just a few clicks. You can easily update and maintain your applications.
- If your business is too big for the current package, then upgrading your hosting package is easy.
- All of their shared hosting plans have unmetered bandwidth.
- Free Autobackup with Stellar Plus and Stellar Business, twice a week backup for all plans.
- 100+ single click app.
- Single contact point for billing and support.
- No contract.
- Free migration of sites from other hosting providers
- Free email accounts with all hosting plans – 30 email accounts for Stellar, Stellar Plus, and unlimited email counts for Stellar Business.
Who is NameCheap best for?
NameCheap is best for you if you want to get a number of domain names easily or if you are simply trying to find the best deal on your domain registration, keeping in mind that you need something new renew annually (although Namecheap lets you buy extended plans that you can pay for in advance).
If you want to buy domain names and hosting in one place for an affordable price, Namecheap is excellent for that. It offers many accommodation options.
NameCheap: Pros and Cons
Like any other name registrar on the market, Namecheap’s offerings come with pros and cons, and their importance is highly dependent on what you are specifically looking for.
Easy to Use: NameCheap has a simple user interface where you can buy what you are looking for relatively quickly without confusing the hurdles. If technology isn’t your area of expertise, that’s a big plus.
Free Domain Privacy: One of the best features of Namecheap is its always free domain privacy. Other options like GoDaddy offer domain privacy for an additional fee and an add-on that you have to keep renewing from time to time if you want to keep it.
Free Apps: Namecheap offers both free and paid site builder apps that you can use for the success of your site, including logo maker apps, site speed optimization, and even apps that help you form a suitable LLC.
Free Migration: Namecheap helps you move your WordPress website to its hosting services for free within 24 hours. All you need to do is fill out and submit an application with some details of your site.
Great Support: Namecheap offers a live chat or support ticket option if you are having any issues on the site and need someone to walk you through any troubleshooting you may need.
Affordable All Around: Namecheap sets itself apart with its price, which is great for newbie sites who want to get started without spending too much of their budget.
TLD Updates: Namecheap continually updates its list of top-level extensions so you can be sure to always choose from extensions that might interest you other than the popular .com.
Easy domain transfer: Want to transfer your domain to Namecheap? You can easily do this by submitting a ticket with all the necessary details. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to six working days.
Guides and Videos: If you’re stuck and a DIYer, Namecheap has plenty of how-to guides and videos, along with a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge base.
Downtime Issues: Namecheap provides site uptime monitoring that checks for issues every five minutes and then logs your site’s performance to your personal dashboard. However, some users have had issues with downtime cases, despite other periods of around 99% uptime.
Higher renewal rates: If you have experience with domain registrars, you are probably aware that most of them include higher renewal rates after your domain’s initial registration period. In this area, Namecheap is no different.
Domain transfer fees: While it’s easy to transfer your domain registration to Namecheap, fees may vary depending on whether you have a discount code for a discount.
How is security managed?
- Use of the best hardware and software firewalls and a highly technical internal security system.
- “Leech Protect” allows you to set the maximum number of connections that can occur in a 2 hour period. Protects your site from brute force attacks.
- Namecheap regularly creates its own backups of your site, of which you can request a copy if necessary.
- “CodeGuard” – this add-on service provides monitoring, backup and restore services.
- Antivirus are included
- Hotlink protection is provided
- Namecheap is constantly testing its defensive measures and adjusting as necessary.
- SSL certificates are available to ensure the security of your sites. SSL certificates help protect your sensitive data (including credit card information) from theft.
- DNSSEC is provided through Namecheap’s PremiumDNS service.
- WhoisGuard hides your name, address, email and contact number. This prevents hackers, spammers, and marketing companies from contacting you or accessing your valuable data. All anyone can see is that your domain is already hosted, but that’s it. Namecheap provides free lifetime WhoisGuard privacy protection. However, not all domain extensions are covered by WhoisGuard, so check yours before continuing.
Accommodation types and plans:
- 3 plans to choose from.
- Up to 3 websites on the smaller plan where most only offer one site and unlimited on the larger plan.
- The subdomains range from 30 – unlimited.
- All plans have unlimited bandwidth.
- Lots of autoresponders, databases, email accounts, and email forwarding accounts, depending on your choice of plan.
- A fair amount of disk space.
- A long list of other features that easily compare to other providers.
- You get everything shared plans offer and more.
- All plans are easy to upgrade / downgrade if needed.
- You benefit from a priority support service, receiving answers before people benefiting from shared plans.
- VPS plans are hosted on lightning-fast networks in Phoenix, Arizona, so the page speeds are blazingly fast, often faster than dedicated servers provided by other hosting companies.
- One or a few clients use the same server for these plans. This means that there are huge advantages in terms of stability and performance and no downtime (as Namecheap guarantees).
Choose to self-manage, half-manage, or let Namecheap fully manage your server for you. If you manage it yourself, you can: choose the operating system, have reboot access, root access, and the ability to do server reinstallations.
If you have fully managed it for yourself, you only have Reseller access to server configurations managed by Namecheap technical staff.
- Many different plans to meet your needs.
- Same day setup and free migration
- You get everything available in the Shared and VPS plans, but some quantities may be larger. These plans are ideal for sites with a lot of site traffic.
- You have your own server, so you can choose to do everything yourself or let Namecheap manage it for you.
- Prices adapted to all budgets.
Domain privacy protection:
When you buy and register a domain name, your personal information, such as address, email address, phone numbers, are (by default) listed in the public WHOIS directory and accessible to everyone. You can, however, purchase what is called domain privacy protection. This hides your personal information and lists alternative details instead – typically you’ll see information for your domain registrar instead, but details may vary.
Namecheap offers a WordPress website builder that can be used to build a ’30 seconds’ site for $ 1.00.
We recommend that small businesses opt for domain privacy. Some of the benefits include protecting your personal information from being used in identity theft schemes and preventing your email target from spam / unwanted solicitations.