1. You are already ahead
I mean that. Diving into this blogging is no small feat. Be proud of yourself for becoming more technically amazing. I mean, how many other people do you know in real life that is starting a blog? You are ahead.
2. There is a huge learning curve
3. A lot of "It depends…" the answer will be
4. Launch with a handful of quality posts in the queue
5. Know your target audience
How to Start a Blog in 5 Steps:
- Choose a great blog platform
- Choose a web host for your blog
- How to set up a blog on your own domain
- Design your new blog
- Useful Resources for Blogging
Step 1 - Choose your favorite blogging platform
- Super easy set-up and free to use
- Tons of free themes and layouts (I’m not kidding, there are gazillions).
- If you get stuck, there is a big support forum (this is good if you need it)
- Your blog will be fully up and running and it will also see functionality and appearance!
- People can talk to you easily. Your content can be shared, commented, and so on.
Step 2 - Self-hosting or a free option?
Wow, slow down there! This is the biggest decision before we make any other decision. You need to decide whether to pay for your blog or grab it for free.
WordPress, Tumblr, and Blogger provide free blogs for anyone. Excellent, right? This is perfect for those who are not super serious about blogging. But this is a fall:
1) You will not be able to get your own domain name
2) Limitations and More Limits
3) You have not created your blog
Step 3 - Start a blog on your own domain (if you have chosen self-hosting and a custom domain)
- Domain: Domain is the URL of your website originally. Examples: google.com (Google.com is the domain), Facebook.com (Facebook.com is the domain). See? easy!
- Hosting: Hosting is basically a company that puts your website on the Internet so that everyone else can see it. Everything will be saved there. Think of it as a computer hard-drive on the Internet where your blog will be saved.